Failed loading XML... Start tag expected, '' not found

Wetsuits & clothing

More
4 years 10 months ago #52 by Georgia
Replied by Georgia on topic Wetsuits & clothing
Just bought a Ronhill Everyday Jacket (comes in both men's and women's styles/sizes) to wear over a wetsuit for kayak/SUP. Lightweight, windproof and breathable and it folds into a tiny space so won't take up much room in a bag when you're not wearing it. Not used it on the water yet, but was perfect for a breezy evening beach BBQ recently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #14 by Phil
Wetsuits & clothing was created by Phil
We often get asked about wetsuits so here's a topic for members to provde tips and for us to keep track of special offers.

Choosing a wetsuit is a personal thing but I do have the following tips:
  • Try it on at least six. That's a hot business so choose a cool day. Also - one wetsuit can make you look and feel great, another like a trussed chicken.
  • Consider kneepads if you're kayaking or SUPing.
  • Don't expect a wetsuit to keep you warm in the wind - you will need a light windproof for your top half if its exposed (to keep your core warm - legs don't get cold in wetsuits strangely). I have found short-armed windproof to be a suprisingly excellent solution - no elastic on the cuffs or waist but a close fit means no water gets trapped when you go under so its safer and less hassle. Breathable is good to as you get a little microclimate going on.. maybe consder Pertex. I wear a Ping golf smock in a Canoe or on a SUP as it works the best (but people do comment - that's brand awareness for you I guess).
  • Likewise try on wetboots for size and fit as they tend to come up bigger than you think. I know it sounds weird but you can wear socks under wetboots if the boots are too big. Wetsocks are no good on stony beaches.
  • Rashguards and knee length jammers are the perfect undergarments for wetsuits -as they keep any chafing down, especially when swimming.
  • Full immersion sports excepted, layers beat thickness every time.
  • Neoprene surf helmets come out way smaller than you expect so try a few on.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Phil. Reason: typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds